Helping Keep The Islington (N1) Community Local
Thu September 23, 2021
- Sabina Nessa: Teacher killed on walk to meet friend - Primary school teacher Sabina Nessa was killed as she made a short walk to a pub, police believe.
- Covid debt: A baby, job loss - and now eviction - Tenants are being evicted due to rent arrears built up during the pandemic, an investigation finds.
- Energy firms' collapse hits 1.5 million customers - The boss of collapsed firm Green says he had done nothing wrong and bigger firms will soon face problems.
- Croydon tram crash: Coroner calls for automatic brakes - Seven people died when the tram tipped over and spun off the track in Croydon in November 2016.
Avoid Your Home Flooding
Posted by Administrator : Monday 11th March 2013
BE PREPARED OR AT LEAST HAVE YOUR ARM BANDS READY. Flooding can be devastating for home owners but some simple tips could prevent heartbreaking and costly repairs. It is important that you understand about your property and local areas, so you can be aware of any potential flooding problems in the future.
Top Flooding Prevention Tips
• Move costly possessions and important documents
• Protect furnishings
• Stock up with Sandbags
• Protect irreplaceable
• List useful contacts
• Pack a flood kit
• Keep informed
Floods can arrive without warning making it is so important you are prepared.