Helping Keep The Islington (N1) Community Local
Mon December 9, 2019
- Serial rapist Joseph McCann given 33 life sentences - Mr Justice Edis said he had no doubt McCann was "a threat to children" and "a paedophile".
- Extinction Rebellion: London and Manchester activists arrested - Protesters blocked roads in Manchester and London to highlight the issue of air pollution.
- South Western Railway strike: Rail union publishes plan to end guards dispute - Twenty-seven days of strike action by Rail, Maritime and Transport union (RMT) members began a week ago.
- PC 'left student in excruciating pain' at student fees protest - Alfie Meadows tells a misconduct hearing he had to have more than 100 staples put in his head.
Avoid Your Home Flooding
Posted by Administrator : Monday 11th March 2013
BE PREPARED OR AT LEAST HAVE YOUR ARM BANDS READY. Flooding can be devastating for home owners but some simple tips could prevent heartbreaking and costly repairs. It is important that you understand about your property and local areas, so you can be aware of any potential flooding problems in the future.
Top Flooding Prevention Tips
• Move costly possessions and important documents
• Protect furnishings
• Stock up with Sandbags
• Protect irreplaceable
• List useful contacts
• Pack a flood kit
• Keep informed
Floods can arrive without warning making it is so important you are prepared.