Helping Keep The Islington (N1) Community Local
Mon January 17, 2022
- Senior Met officers sacked for gross misconduct - Ch Supt Paul Martin and Ch Insp Davinder Kandohla breached standards of professional behaviour.
- Ashling Murphy: London vigil held for murdered Irish teacher - People held candles and stood in silent tribute to 23-year-old Ashling Murphy who died on Wednesday.
- London knife crime: 100-man march against Croydon deaths - They have offered to be mentors after a record year of violence that saw 30 teenagers killed.
- London Underground: Northern Line Bank branch closes for four months - No trains will run on the Bank branch of the Northern line until mid-May.
Avoid Your Home Flooding
Posted by Administrator : Monday 11th March 2013
BE PREPARED OR AT LEAST HAVE YOUR ARM BANDS READY. Flooding can be devastating for home owners but some simple tips could prevent heartbreaking and costly repairs. It is important that you understand about your property and local areas, so you can be aware of any potential flooding problems in the future.
Top Flooding Prevention Tips
• Move costly possessions and important documents
• Protect furnishings
• Stock up with Sandbags
• Protect irreplaceable
• List useful contacts
• Pack a flood kit
• Keep informed
Floods can arrive without warning making it is so important you are prepared.