Helping Keep The Islington (N1) Community Local
Sat August 13, 2022
- UK heatwave: London officially declared in drought - The announcement comes as temperatures are set to reach up to 37C this weekend in the capital.
- David Dallison: Serial domestic abuser convicted of assault - David Dallison attacked a former partner and also breached a court order which banned contact with her.
- Thornton Heath: Residents to return to homes after fatal gas blast - About 80 homes were evacuated following Monday's blast in south London.
- London bus cuts: Bosses did not think of ethnic minority staff, MP says - Neil Coyle says workers from ethnic minorities are more likely to be disadvantaged by the proposals.
Avoid Your Home Flooding
Posted by Administrator : Monday 11th March 2013
BE PREPARED OR AT LEAST HAVE YOUR ARM BANDS READY. Flooding can be devastating for home owners but some simple tips could prevent heartbreaking and costly repairs. It is important that you understand about your property and local areas, so you can be aware of any potential flooding problems in the future.
Top Flooding Prevention Tips
• Move costly possessions and important documents
• Protect furnishings
• Stock up with Sandbags
• Protect irreplaceable
• List useful contacts
• Pack a flood kit
• Keep informed
Floods can arrive without warning making it is so important you are prepared.