Helping Keep The Islington (N1) Community Local
Mon April 22, 2019
- Stephen Lawrence Day: Doreen Lawrence calls for schools to tackle racism - The mother of murdered teenager Stephen Lawrence calls for schools to teach tolerance at an early age.
- Extinction Rebellion: Climate protesters 'making a difference' - Teenage activist Greta Thunberg addresses thousands of Extinction Rebellion protesters in London.
- Extinction Rebellion: Olympic canoeing champion Etienne Stott arrested in climate change protests - Olympic gold medal-winning canoeist Etienne Stott was one of hundreds arrested during climate change protests in London over the weekend.
- London woman killed by gunmen in Nigeria - Faye Mooney, who was working in Nigeria, was one of two people shot dead by kidnappers.
Avoid Your Home Flooding
Posted by Administrator : Monday 11th March 2013
BE PREPARED OR AT LEAST HAVE YOUR ARM BANDS READY. Flooding can be devastating for home owners but some simple tips could prevent heartbreaking and costly repairs. It is important that you understand about your property and local areas, so you can be aware of any potential flooding problems in the future.
Top Flooding Prevention Tips
• Move costly possessions and important documents
• Protect furnishings
• Stock up with Sandbags
• Protect irreplaceable
• List useful contacts
• Pack a flood kit
• Keep informed
Floods can arrive without warning making it is so important you are prepared.