Helping Keep The Islington (N1) Community Local
Tue January 21, 2020
- Seven Kings stabbing: Fight 'part of ongoing dispute' - Police link the deaths of three men in east London to a nearby altercation the night before.
- Terrorism laws to get tougher within weeks, government vows - Offenders will face more time in jail as "hard truths" are faced after attacks, the Home Office says.
- Facebook to create 1,000 jobs in London - The new posts will take the tech giant's total number of employees in Britain to more than 4,000.
- New UK housing 'dominated by roads' - Roads are dominating new housing developments, a report says, despite more people wanting to drive less.
Avoid Your Home Flooding
Posted by Administrator : Monday 11th March 2013
BE PREPARED OR AT LEAST HAVE YOUR ARM BANDS READY. Flooding can be devastating for home owners but some simple tips could prevent heartbreaking and costly repairs. It is important that you understand about your property and local areas, so you can be aware of any potential flooding problems in the future.
Top Flooding Prevention Tips
• Move costly possessions and important documents
• Protect furnishings
• Stock up with Sandbags
• Protect irreplaceable
• List useful contacts
• Pack a flood kit
• Keep informed
Floods can arrive without warning making it is so important you are prepared.